Friday, December 12, 2008

An oldie, but greatie



I had this board hanging from my bedroom wall and either the drywall anchor gave way or an earthquake shook the rack loose. The back half of the board fell to the floor first. Dinged the trailing fin and a part of the port rail. Easily fixed.

This Gerry Lopez Mako model is now my oldest board. Got it at a now defunct shop in Haleiwa back in 1998. Since early last year I've been culling the school down to make room for new boards, but this one will always have a special place in my collection. I guess in my older age I'm getting less nostalgic (you wouldn't believe how many I've let go).

6'8" with a gem of a paint job. This board has taken me to places most will never see or understand (think 8' Lani's on a perfect afternoon session - completely makable takeoffs with barreling follow through on the right).

Classic -

No comments: