Monday, January 19, 2009

Natural History Museum at Los Angeles





I took the kids to the Natural History Museum near the USC campus today (La was at LAX picking up some friends).

We got to see some really cool specimens - the second Megamouth Shark known to science, some furry ants (that are really wasps), tons of cockroaches, walking sticks, coelocanths, and a Tyrannosaurus being excavated from the plaster wrappings.
The kids also got to dig out some pretend dinosaur bones.

Marlon got a paleontologist kit at Borders bookstore yesterday - kinda neat that we saw two versions at the museum and then he gets to do it at home too!

We took PCH home instead of the freeways - lots of people out surfing so naturally I get the bug... I blitzed out once we got home and got another session in at Oxnard Beach. More West in the swell today, slightly bigger, but also slightly more prone to slabbing out in closers. 2' overhead on the sets. No wind at all. A small pod of dolphins started jumping ahead of me (only 10' away) while I was waiting for my last couple of waves - not that often have I gotten that close to dolphins - way cool!

Did I mention I love my new board....

Life is good!

No comments: