Sunday, February 1, 2009

A lot happened this weekend - several posts forthcoming...




First of a few posts -

I paddled in the Hanohano Canoe Club paddle race this past Saturday out in Mission Bay in San Diego.

I raced in the 12'6 and under SUP catagory, but it was really cool to be among every other type of human powered small craft out there - kayaks, outrigger canoes (1 and 2 man), surf skis, paddleboards and standup paddleboards - all sharing the water and having a great time making lines.

I do not know how I fared yet - the club has not posted results and I did not want to wait around (much longer than we did). More to follow but I felt really good about the race (and isn't that what it'll all about???!!!)

What I can say with absolute certainty is that this board really rides swell - I've noticed it on training run up and down Silver Strand - Oxnard Beaches and now riding boat wake in flat water. Gained 10 board lengths on the stock paddleboard I was pacing off in the last half of the racejust riding the wake - nice!!!

No comments: