Sunday, May 3, 2009

Rocker Table Progress



Foam is faster.

Foam is easier.

Foam can be ultra satisfying.

But wood - ahhh glorious wood! Alive (still motile with the variances in humidity, flexes and rebounds when loaded, and did I say beautiful... nothing intrigues like wood) even when encased in resin and fiberglass.

Well - that goal keeps me moving (even if it is slow as molasses).

Started shimming the rocker table late this afternoon. I need to cut some of the shimms to handle the reverse foiling (as laid out on the frames - don't ask me I'm just following directions), so I should be finished tomorrow with this step.

I'll have to cut the rough outline from the bottom planks soon too. Then onto gluing the frame to the bottom plank.

So to close all this rambling, foam is fun, but wood is a labor of love.

No comments: