Monday, August 3, 2009

Coming down the pipe...



I've been mentally preparing for the move and for the upcoming period where the surf will not be plentiful for me. I have been actively trying to ween myself from surf-driven stoke to other water-driven activities - I'll be fine, but it helps to be prepared.

Among the newly rekindled focus areas is kiting. The surf in SOCAL (and my work schedule) has made kiting take a back seat in my priorities, but with sailing and SUPing, kiting will be a mainstay.

Kiteracing has made leaps and bounds since I had last had my feet wet (under a kite - consistently). Here are some pictures that have begun to stoke the fires...

Aloha

2 comments:

NC Paddle Surfer said...

You may already know this, but kite race boards have gone from being ridden on edge, to being driven off the fins and ridden flat, like a windsurfer drives off the fins. This new way blows the doors off boards designed the old way.

Victor Velasco said...

Thanks -

I noticed the subtle difference when reading about the Airush Monaro through one of the kiteboarding magazines.

Your comments confirmed what I noticed as a subtle difference in how the designers were talking about the boards rocker line and rail edge features.

I may be headed to Duck later this year to sail in a regatta - it'd be nice to meet you guys if I can make the stop over there.

Thanks - Vic