Sunday, September 27, 2009

Amphibious Weekend (Sat)




We are still cleaning the house and getting it set up. More pictures on the walls, eternal laundry, moving boxes around in the garage to get organized, but on Saturday, we also took a couple of hours to go paddle.

The kids were digging holes as usual, and they found some hermit crabs again.

I modified one of the suction cup handles I had used to carry the old Naish 11'6" SUP to hold my Garmin 60CSx. The setup worked perfectly! Top speed into the wind 4.2 mph (working my butt off) with an average of 3.2 mph. Downwind was a much different story - 5.9 top speed with an average of 4.5 mph

Oh and a bonus - we ate at the Panda Palace Chinese Food Buffet. The kids and I love Chinese food (we ate a lot at Panda Express back in California). La on the other hand HATES chinese food - especially from buffets - so this was a big deal.

We got a lot done around the house and had a good time at the beach too!

No comments: