Saturday, February 6, 2010

GoPro on the Weta




NW winds today 10-20 mph.

Straight offshore conditions here. The only thing to do was take the trimaran out (oh twist my arm...).

I got rigged up and out by 1600. The GoPro was bolted to a suction cup, just aft of the mast. Got 1054 pictures on the 2Mb card. The guys that make this camera really got this right. Next time I go out, I'll use a hose clamp to put a mount on the bowsprite (and a second mount on the mast base for the GPS).

Fun run - almost capsized the thing when a heavy gust ended up being heavier that I thought it was going to be. Didn't get that on the camera - the GoPro will take almost an hour of continuous pictures - I was out for 2.

Only had the main up (not the jib). Without La, the jib would have been too much. Did deploy the kite (screacher) - doubled my broad reach speed.

No comments: