Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Gulf is warming up


It's only mid-April and I'm kiting in the Gulf of Mexico (felt just like Kailua Bay in June temp wise) without a wetsuit or any other form of rubber on me! Makes you wonder what Hurricane season has in store...

Obviously went kiting yesterday. I was actually so tired when I got back that I couldn't stay awake to blog or sort through the GoPro pictures.

Kiting in trunks alone is AWESOME!!! No more rubber suits for several months!!! I can see the need for longsleeve, lightweight nylon shirts very soon to prevent torching, but those are easy and more digestible than wetsuits.

Good wind! Solid 13-17 with puffs into the 20s! Nice!

Mathematically speaking, it was only a matter of time before I got a jump recorded. This one wasn't a record breaker in hang time or a nose bleeder in height, but still is a moment frozen in time of kite assisted gravity cheating flight.

Gulfport ain't a bad place after all (they just need to have a good surf shop and a shuttle out to the barrier islands that caters to surfers).

No comments: