Sunday, May 2, 2010

La's "Inside the Van" SUP templated



Since it was rainy and the beach is about to go cancerous (yes cancerous - and no I'm not over exaggerating - oil has benzene and toluene, among other known carcinogens), I figured it'd be a good time to get started on La's SUP (which she won't be able to use locally for a while).

Taped and assembled the template - and at least I think this - it actually looks like the AKU Shaper image.

I even cut it out of the blank.

We stopped off at Lowe's this afternoon to look around and I picked up some new 5 1/4" jigsaw blades - these almost cut through the entire blank, but not quite. I had to use the Japanese Pull Saw to liberate the templated portion.

While we wait for the oil to make landfall, there is always shaping...

Oh and when the rain stops, I will paint Marlon and Noe's boards.

No comments: