Sunday, May 2, 2010

Maybe the last day of the beach as we know it




The forecasts are still for heavy rain and strong SE winds.

With that, the oil should be here soon (forecasted for a Tuesday arrival).

On the way to run errands, we took some bread down to Gulfport Beach and fed the seagulls. Considering how the weather guessers have been wrong before (actually multiple times a week - especially with regards to wind forecasts, as my many days of being skunked on the kites has shown), maybe they gulls will be spared from death by oil burning their eyes, nose, throat, skin or starvation because of the lack of food that isn't dead because of the oil slick (that is now larger than the island of Puerto Rico).

And now for the brighter side. This is funny - but not too funny (at least don't tell La I thought this was hilarious). As the kids and I got out of the van to feed the gulls, I gave some bread to Marlon to bait the birds our way. Well they came - the whole flock - and with piss and vinegar (bird shit actually) they got La back into the van screaming and yelling "those birds pooed on me!!!).

Boy was she PISSED!!! Good thing she was able to get it off ;)

I honestly believe that these gulls hate La...

1 comment:

Lala said...

LOL...yes, it was funny, even though it was absolutely gross...and if they hate me, it's only because I'm the one always driving the kids to the beach after school so that they can chase them wild on the beach... :)
La