Sunday, June 20, 2010

Deer Island Part 2




Yesterday, I went back to Deer Island to get the sand we didn't get the previous weekend (we collect sand from the different places we've been to - check out posts from way back, there in there...).

There was some oil slick in the middle of the channel, but it was probably from a working boat (crapping out).

I got to the western tip of the island, got my sand and then kept on going for the exercise.

Tons of fish in the water (huge mullet, tons of fingerlings and fry, and blue crabs everywhere) as always.

Got a couple of miles down and I saw a path leading up from the beach. Obviously I decided to see where it went (even though I could see the other side of the island from the beginning of the path).

In this case, I guess I was the amphibious vehicle.

And as is the case in June (and July and August) - it was HOT.

No comments: