Sunday, August 15, 2010

"Kids under 8" sized paddle














With the kids' paddleboards nearly completed (and the threat of rain/lightning/thunder preventing a trip to the beach), I finally undertook the modification of the paddles I bought for the kids to use.

I made a quick template, marked up the paddlehead and fired up the jigsaw and ROS (random orbital sander). After about 30 minutes, this is what I had.

La's first reaction was "why'd did you make it so small?" and the kids giggled.

The weather did clear up and after running an errand, we were in the water (nice and glassy).

I let Marlon use the small head paddle first - he was buzzing around like a pissed off hornet!!!

Noe used it and I could tell she was more efficient in paddling.

I'll cutdown the second one this week and fiberglass both.

What fun SUPing is eh???

No comments: