Monday, October 11, 2010

JAX Surf Trip - Day Three



My arms were spent and I had a 9 hour drive ahead of me (us) so I passed on the surf this morning. And the swell was dying so I didn't want to spend what time we did have on just me (which I was mostly guilty of the previous two days).

I helped Marlon learn some more about channels and where to position yourself on the wave to better catch them - he soaked it up like a sponge (no pun intended).

It would have been nice to stay a few more days - then he would really have swallowed the bait (hook - line - sinker) for surfing, but alas the real world was waiting just around the corner.

We did buy Marlon a new wetsuit (Xcel front zip - bamboo liner and everything). He's got to pay back the cost of the suit by crewing on the trimaran this Fall ($180!!!! - as long as it keeps him warm it will be worth it). Maybe this weekend he can pay the first installment (crew).

What a great weekend!

No comments: