Saturday, November 13, 2010

Stretching My New Wings




Last week I got my Influenza Vaccine - in the form of the nasal mist dose.

Well, I can tell you it works - I got the flu and am in the process of parting with copious amounts of phelgm...

Back to the subject at hand - the wind was up consistently blowing above the 10 mph mark for most of the day. I wanted to put the boat out, but timing and my current bug battle made me opt out of that. I could not let the day go without some form of wind induced play so I broke out the new kite. 10-13 mph on the anemometer. The Crossbow 11 would have propelled me on a longboard, but not on a standard kiteboard.

The IDS system (2010 Bar) is a work of art. The hollow polyethylene tubing that shields the center line (and in this case houses the landing line) is very efficient. I self landed this kite with and without using the IDS. I'll have to try self landing in stronger winds to see if it is still possible, but I'll always have the IDS.

50 pump strokes and the kite is inflated to operating pressure.

The forecasts are calling for higher winds on Tuesday... I might be "sick" that day....

2 comments:

Lala said...

LOL...and work never eludes you, do your realize that you are STILL on your work phone while you pumped up that thing....

Victor Velasco said...

I can't help it if that phone is the funnel for 3700 people's misbehavior or misfortune...

If I could I would climb Mt Everest for the sole purpose of throwing that phone from it.

Nice looking kite though huh?

;)