Friday, June 17, 2011

Saturday Run, Part 1




Today isn't turning out the way I thought it would, but it is still fun -

I was hoping to kite around 0800, but it was raining pretty solidly.

I did get to kite - pretty gusty conditions. I used the Raptor (twin tip) - really a random thought but glad I did. When I got there it was super low tide - inches of water (check out the pictures) - the Raptor TORE IT UP!

I tried to stay on the inside for most of this run - with the gusty winds and no leash, I felt I should play it safe. I did venture out a couple of times and even lost the board for a second - I just dumped the power in the kite and got the board without any drama.

Lots of high jumps - definitely got some adrenaline pumping!

I landed the kite (just in time - as a squall pushed in about 5 minutes after I landed) and went home thinking I was going to get a dive in - nope - work issue.

Max Speed 22.4 mph; Total distance 13.07 miles covered in 1 hour 13 minutes (yes I had the GPS on me).

Now that that's done, I think I'll put the kite up again. See you in a bit!

No comments: