Saturday, August 27, 2011

Friday - Saturday - Starting Something New




It has been a long week -

I had the full intent to leave work at 1600 to either kite or fish.

I didn't leave until 1730. I bolted home and went to the O'Club Beach.

I landed a small bonefish - it had a ton of fight in him and as I release it back into the surf, the stress of the entire week washed away...

So here comes Saturday. Fishing at a different point around Thunder Cove. I brought the fishing kite to see if I could push a piece of bait way out to the drop (inside the lagoon drop, not the big one ocean side). The wind was patchy so I decided not to risk dropping the kite. After an hour of trying and no real bites, we moved back to the tried and true point on the other side.

I saw a number of rays, mullet, some batfish and a rather large permit - but no bites. Mike caught a medium sized bonefish. Frustration set in.

Lunch time comes around - as soon as I get home, I stuffed my face with a couple of bites and then grabbed my pole and a small piece of squid. I pitched the squid out at the shoreline just out my door and I landed a small pompano. A couple of more casts and I caught another one.

SO - no skunking for me today.

There was a regatta today and I posted a second place just behind the British Representative - rounding the outbound buoy, I did not see the inboard mark and the Brit Rep got a few boat lengths ahead of me. I made some time up, but he sailed a solid race to properly beat me.

Immediately after the regatta, they had a standup paddleboard race using the Starboard Starts.

Guess who won that race...

2 comments:

Lala said...

You are getting way too competitive....you're turning into a monster! ;)

Lala said...

but....still can't wait till you get home so that we both can compete on the Weta in the regattas on the ChBay :) :) :) LOL....