Thursday, September 29, 2011

Glowing Mechanical Jellyfish


At least I think is what this was supposed to be. This was an exhibit at the back of the Ocean Hall at the NHM. I felt it was one of the many awesome ways the museum is staying relevant, modern and interesting. I remember going to this museum (as I said before - AGAIN - we been back to this one I don't know how many times) and walking through thinking nothing has changed since the 70's. Not so anymore - especially with this art exhibit -

Recycled computer fans, cool LED lights and a wonderful imagination. Marlon, Noe and I spent a while in the room looking at the different versions buzzing around. I think this one with a set of eyes (we kept debating how a eye that looked human could be arranged like that and function separately - I said through computer manipulation) kinda freaked them out a little.

No comments: