Sunday, September 4, 2011

Kiting Again




I experienced technical difficulties with several things today.

First - I dragged the kite/board around on errands this morning (I rarely drive the truck around - my way of cutting back on carbon footprint and burning, but today I did) - I didn't end up kiting this morning due to the errands. Also I passed on the morning kiting session in anticipation of a sailing regatta this afternoon - save energy for butt kicking!

So I am back on the bike and off to the marina for the regatta. I'm there early talking about the course and the wind conditions (a little blustery). Stretching, gearing up and looking forward to running the course early to get a lay of the wind lines.

Then, as I was waiting for the skipper's meeting, a small craft warning went up (and the regatta was called off).

So - back to my room on the bike (I must have rode back and forth between the marina and my room at least 4 times by this point), I got the kite gear and then back to Jake's Place to launch.

Now that all that discombobulation was over, you think everything was smooth from this point forward. Furthest thing from the truth -

Really choppy water. Made riding actually painful at times.

The wind was full of holes south of the marina, and full on north of it.

Also, I thought I'd get more charge out of the batteries on the GoPro - not. These three pictures were the best out of the 13 taken.

Put those negativities aside, it was fun trying to step up the game during the jumps - I lost the board three times today and got some wicked crashes.

No comments: