Sunday, October 30, 2011

One of Each



I caught the Wrasse on a lure with my spinning pole. I had another hard hit - the fish took the lure straight down to the coral and eventually broke of at the leader.

In total I lost two lures (and kept my cool about it), and figured it was time to try different tactics.

I switched to the flyrod. I stalked the fish, but they weren't giving me any love. Just as Rodney was coming over to say it was time to move, I said "DON'T MOVE". Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a pack of Bonefish swimming in from the right and I was lucky enough to have my line already in their path. I saw them bolt for the fly and stripped hard - FISH ON! I caught (and released) Bonefish (number two on the fly) and am thankful for the opportunity.

Rodney and I packed up and tried another spot.

After a short drive and a walk through a jungle, Bonefish perfection lay ahead of me...

Stay tuned for the next post

No comments: