Friday, September 30, 2011

Working Saturday -




Busy day today -

I was asked to give a tour of the Base today so early up and out.

After that, there was an operation going on that needed my attention so I've been at the shoreline waiting for the tide to come up so the op can go forward.

Well - while waiting for the tide to come up, I decided to check out some more spots that I haven't really spent time at yet. First spot was Turtle Cove. This place was named correctly - lots of small turtles, but there were also lemon sharks (I saw 3), stingrays, a titan triggerfish, several batfish, mullet schools, permit (or pompano) and bonefish. The scenic pictures are the flats (and what a flat it is - flyfishing perfection). However tempting, this is a natural preserve that needs to be respected. Still - I bet even I could catch something on a fly at this spot.

I went back to the work site and the tide still hadn't come up fully yet. So I did what I always do when at the beach with nothing to do - started looking at the beach, the water, the wildlife and anything else out there. I collected some nice shells, but more of interest was this dead moray eel. The eel must have gotten stuck on the reef during low tide. Poor SOB.

I've got a few more obligations to get to today - so much for relaxing on the weekend... (but today is still awesome).

No comments: