Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Gyotaku




I made three of each yesterday - the big Wahoo and the football Yellowfin.

The Yellowfin prints are done. Two are going to friends and the other one (the one singled out in the pictures) I'm keeping for myself.

The Wahoo is raw - no improvements whatsoever.

After touching up the Yellowfin prints that were done on the shoji paper, I am going to take a different approach with the Wahoo print. I used watercolor and acrylic highlights. The watercolor was fine on the craft paper, but in the quantities needed to provide proper coverage in solid color areas, the watercolor was soaking through the rice paper. For the Wahoo, I am going to use acrylic dots to give the image of solid color.

Do not hold your breath for this - I don't think it'll be done for a few weeks. I don't want to screw this one up.

No comments: