Saturday, January 14, 2012

It's in the Mail


I ordered one of these Fat Ass Quads directly from Uli.

I asked Jim (Weir) to put four D rings up front so I can use it for multiple purposes (fishing platform, trainer for the kids to get up on when catching a wave, snorkeling platform, etc). Also looking forward to using this on the Potomac through Great Falls this coming Summer.

I'll be on a trip to Oahu starting this coming week and the board already arrived at a friend's house (Mahalo Jimbo!!!). I'm still debating which 3 piece paddle to get to compliment the travel-a-bility of the FAQ - Quickblade or Werner...

6 days and I'll get to surf again after several months hiatus. The things I give up...

In a way it makes you appreciate the things you give up even more. In other ways it plain old SUCKS. Actually - besides not having the family with me, I have little to complain about - I'm not getting shot at and I'll never have it this good EVER AGAIN on the fishing front.

Oh well, no time to dwell on the negative - life is too short.

Awesome times ahead and I'm going to surf the crap out of this board. Stay tuned for the paddle mounted GoPro shots!!!!

2 comments:

Lala said...

LOL...since you've ALREADY claimed this one, you better start planning on either making Big M another sup or purchasing one just for him. Oh, and just so you get the right sized Kialoa adjustable paddle, make sure its for M, you have enough ;)

Victor Velasco said...

This is Marlon's!!!!

I'm just babysitting it until Summer because it's too cold to SUP over there underwear....

Paddles for everyone!!!!

;)