Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sunday Morning Flying




The Trevally and Bonefish were not playing today - I was out for three hours and not a sign of them. The rematch will have to wait until after the full moon wains -

I did see a bunch of Unicornfish and some Titan Triggerfish, but as usual, they didn't go for the fly.

What I did catch were three of these Wrasses and two of these Two Barred Goatfish.

The goatfish seem to be nervous fish - the first one I catch went from pale pink (normal colored) to bright red while I was removing the hook. When I released it, it sank straight to the bottom and stayed there for two minutes either still in shock or playing dead. Then it returned to normal color and swam off like nothing happened. That happens pretty frequently when I catch these guys - maybe it's a mechanism to help it cope with getting eaten by a GT...

The Wrasses were a different story - defiant to the end. Another "poo" flinger...

No comments: