Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Another Tres Amigos

Last time I printed Yellowfin, I did three of them. I don't know why, but this time as I printed Yellowfin, I also did three of them... Steve-O asked me if "the next time I (meaning him) catch a fish, could I (meaning me) make a print for him". Of course I said 'yes'. So on Sunday I get a call in the afternoon - "Hey man - I caught a tuna - can you make a print?" Tuna being round and fat are about the hardest fish to make gyotaku out of. But hey, I'm always up for a challenge. I go over and eat lunch (sashimi and seared tuna burritos) and as I'm eating away, a couple of guys come up to me and start thanking me for the prints that I was going to make them... Mind you I've just barely met the guys. I guess what Steve-O meant to say was "can you make me and a couple other guys I'm entertaining (since they are inspecting my operation) some prints of this fish one of them caught". "Slightly" different story - SO here are the three prints I just finished - one for Steve-O and two for two guys I don't even know. Steve - I DON'T CARE WHAT ALL THE OTHER DUDES SAY - YOU'RE AWESOME!!! Dude - just kidding - no sweat on the prints. These were done in order - first was first, last was last. Short learning curve.

No comments: