Thursday, May 3, 2012

Three-Man Canoe Perfection

I stopped in at Surfline on Puuhale Road (Kalihi) and what I saw made me cr@p my pants - Tiger Canoe from the Big Island is now making a three man canoe that you can rig with a sail! I am reposting these pictures from the Tiger Canoe website - but they don't have pictures up yet on what rig the canoe sails with (cat rig I am assuming). I am quickly arriving at a crossroads - we have our Weta and when La and the kids become proficient at helming that, I think we need to upgrade to a Farrier F-22R. But with this thing hanging out there, it certainly pulls my traditionalist heart strings... especially since it is a renaissance craft - blending the best of the old with the best of the new. If you go to the website, you'll see a picture of one of these loaded on top of a Tacoma. 30' LOA with a hull weight of 88 pounds - only 88 pounds!!! I'm definitely going to order one of these if we move to Oahu...

No comments: