Friday, July 27, 2012

Biggest Fish of the Day, Part 1 (27 Jul 2012)

I spent some time casting to and catching Bluegill at the dock at the lake by our house. I finally had my first disappointment with the Soyokaze - I saw three big bluegill sunning themselves and eating bugs from the surface, but way out of casting range. If I had a conventional flyrod, I could have cast to those fish. All that regret quickly faded as I saw another bluegill surfacing within casting distance (and I cast and caught it). I got the opportunity to sight cast to one other fish (and got it too). I caught a bunch of other bluegill at the dock before moving on the cutout in the bushes (the spot I go to when the kids use hotdogs at the dock - my flies don't quite make the fish strike when there are hotdogs around). I nailed this big guy on a rise - a fish this big makes the rod 'sing'! And then....

No comments: