Monday, July 2, 2012

Check Out this Little Piggie!

Not the biggest one ever, but the biggest one I've caught to date! I used the Iwana just because it is 12' (I really need a short pole - like a cane pole), but after today and seeing how the spots I fished are arranged, I may try the Ito (both the Tenkara rods I have). Anyways - so I cast a green scud (the one I've been using for the past week - this one is a hero for defeating nearly a hundred sunfish) right over a brooding site - from what I can tell about 20 males are set up in the spot, and one of them takes the fly (most of them ignore it, not sure if Bluegills don't eat while they are guarding clutches). This guy makes the pole sing when it hit!!! Whoever thinks you have to catch big fish to have fun needs to tap into some ancient Japanese fishing secrets and open up a can of "Piggie Whoop Arse" because this is just as fun as taking down a 15 pound Blue Fin Trevally!!!

No comments: