Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday Fishing Part 2

The level line had a green scud already tied to it so I fished that (until I lost it to a fish/rock/tree). I landed all three of these guys (and several more of the Green Sunfish - in fact I lost count of those guys) on the scud. I did switch to the gnat fly once I lost the scud. That gnat produced some incredible strikes - even though the fish were small, they were feisty! One pumpkin seed slowly swam just up the fly (which was floating on the surface), paused and then jumped completely out of the water to strike at it - those 5 seconds of anticipation waiting for a strike and then having the strike be so active - it's almost as awesome as bringing in tropical saltwater flats fish (almost). The smallmouth bass was a great surprise as well - excellent fighter but gets tired pretty quickly (actually reminds me of a Giant Trevally in character). The kids had a great time - next post.

No comments: