Sunday, July 8, 2012

Paipo Ready for Poly

So here is the nearly finished paipo. I just need to label the board (burnt in branding), fine sand and coat with polyurethane. I'm going to try to have this one done before the next time we head down to Virginia Beach. There is gentle entry rocker on this one, mini-surf rails down the sides and the tail is what used to be the nose when this was a whole alaia (the one I made in California and that hung on the garage wall in Gulfport). I cut it in half over a year ago and surfed it at chilly North End Virginia Beach (rough cut and boxy rails didn't help much). Now with the shape, volume and rails dialed in, without even having this thing touch water yet, I am confident this will quickly become one of my favorite boards - and why not - shaped to ride anything, especially East Coast slop, getting quality rides on generalist equipment is way better than not getting any rides on specialty boards.

No comments: