Thursday, September 6, 2012

Big Tuna On Ramp

I pulled the trigger. Unbeknownst to me, the kayak universe is much like the annual car market - at the end of the model year, the prices come down. Calling around and plying the internet, I found a pretty good deal (10% off, 2 free paddles, no sales tax) on Jackson Kayak's Big Tuna. I'll pick it up on Sunday (and maybe catch some surf at the same time). The unique abilities of this kayak is the main reason I am getting a kayak - I do not think of this as moving off in the direction of kayaking, but instead I am getting an incredibly versatile SUP. Poling is an option in shallow water; carrying both kids and fishing simultaneously is an option, paddling tons of gear to a picnic/camping site is an option (and entering kayak fishing tournaments is an option - heck - I do have a bunch of lures and rigs collecting dust, and my family does like sushi...). And it's camouflage! And yes - I will try to surf this thing - stay tuned

No comments: