Monday, September 3, 2012

By my own two hands...

Your long-lived pet. Your all time favorite car. The first surfboard you ever shaped... When these things go bad, you need to have the courage to put them down. Two words to demonstrate my point - PET CEMETERY. Don't hang on to them if they are in pain, not being used, rotting in some forgotten corner of the garage. Their dings won't repair themselves and if you do not have enough love to care for them correctly (maybe because you are spread too thin with other surfboards, surfing SUPs, flatwater racing SUPs, kite gear, a fancy trimaran and even paipos), cull them and cull them quick. Here's me practicing what I preach - this was the first board I shaped, but over time the movers have abused it and I've grown wider. I took the jigsaw to it and ended it's pain.

No comments: