Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Despite the overcast skies, we got out of the house and made the drive to Kent Narrows in Maryland. I brought my 10' surf rod, some poppers, my 8wt flyrod with an intermediate sink line and a box full of streamer/saltwater flies. This turned out to be more of a reconnaissance trip - the water wasn't moving much and there were little signs that fish were in the area. We did find the public boat ramp as evidenced by the fee posting. After rereading some forum posts about flyfishing Kent Narrows, I think I know where I need to go to make some casts. I also see coming back with the kayak to try when the water warms up. On the shaping/surfing front, I haven't touched the kickboard yet... I am a little intimidated by the amount of wood I have to thin out to get the right foil on it. And without a surf trip scheduled, my motivation is a little on the dormant side. I'll get off my lazy ass when the Sun starts shining again. A nice, low key New Year's Day for us!

No comments: