Thursday, April 25, 2013

Playing Catch Up - Spring East of Maui Swap Meet

I haven't posted in a few days - I'll slap up a few late posts... On Sunday we went to Annapolis to try and sell more water gear that we aren't currently using. The Naish board and the C4 paddle sold - I brought the kayak paddles back with me. I did manage to walk around a bit this time and I saw three boards that I had to walk away from (or risk buying them) - an old Naish Hybrid windsurfer, the Gaastra formula board in the picture and a Cabrihna kite racing board. If you are looking to sell a SUP, this is the place to do it - I had the Glide and La's board tied up to the truck and got asked more than a couple of times if I was selling them. If you are trying to buy a SUP, good luck - so was everybody else. We talked with the people around us trying to sell their stuff - I hate to stereo type but windsurfers are probably the smartest of the water people - takes a lot more dedication and understanding to be a good windsurfer. Anyone can surf and anyone and all their cousins can SUP, but the good windsurfers - far and few between - this swap meet always brings them out of hiding and into one place. Good times!

No comments: