Saturday, April 20, 2013

Saturday Fishing Scorecard

I was going to drive to the Chain Bridge and walk the C&O Trail to try my luck against some Shad, but the wind was way up and the bed was too warm. I did take a look at the Lake and the wind was blowing in a favorable direction for the kids and I to cast some flies. I caught 1 crappie, 12 bluegill and 3 bass. Marlon caught 1 bluegill and an awesome large mouth bass. I say awesome because Marlon sight casted to one he saw and worked the fly - he had to do it several times but he eventually got the bass to take the fly - he waited a second to make sure the fly was in the bass's mouth and WHACK - when he set the fly, the fight ensued!!! He kept the rod tip up and got the fish to shore!!! That was the best part of it all for me - watching Marlon focus and accomplish his objective!!!! That's fishing!

No comments: