Saturday, May 4, 2013

Revenge!!! And the hatching dragonflies

Since that last crappie I landed a few weeks back, everyone that I've got to take a fly literally took it with them. I've been using 7X tippet to make sure if I snag a tree or a huge fish, my rod tip doesn't take the brunt of the remediation. That same tippet for whatever reason breaks after a couple of seconds wrestling with a regular sized crappie. Well, I found another set of crappie hanging around some structure next to the dam and I started pitching flies - and subsequently, one by one the crappie stared at them, mouthed them, got hooked and broke off - three flies!!! I ripped off the 7X and tied on a really small Meko Special-ish fly and I finally brought one to hand!!! GOT YA SUCKER!!! Marlon and I also saw a few dragonflies that just recently popped out of their larval cases - from the Life Aquatic to Life on the Wing. Time to shoot some dragonfly patterns....

No comments: