Saturday, May 4, 2013

SKUNKED!!!

Before I helped out at the FYCC (Family & Youth Casting Call - I believe an arm of the District of Columbia Fish and Game Department), I tried fly casting South of Fletcher's Cove at the point of rocks. There were tons of boats out but they weren't catching anything. And neither did I. I did see a bunch of fry swimming in schools right along the high water line. The weird thing is besides the surface activity last weekend, I haven't seen any other real fish signs - especially from the regulars (sunfish). I didn't take any pictures of the kids from the DC and Maryland schools fishing - because I didn't have a spare moment between baiting hooks, unsnagging line, rerigging poles and posing for pictures with kids with fish - fun day, but LONG and tiring. But anytime you can get a kid to enjoy time outside and away from video games is time and effort well spent. Sucks getting skunked though.

No comments: