Saturday, July 13, 2013

Fun Busy Saturday, Part 1

I finalized a deal to sell our Amphibious Assault Craft - the Jackson Kayak Big Tuna - which meant we had to drive down to Virginia Beach today (oh no - twist my arm). We certainly made the most of it! I had loaded the truck last night (in the dark) and miraculously managed to get all the kayak pieces/parts, fishing gear and beach supplies (boogie boards, rollie, fins, tent, etc) - and we were able to get an early start. So stop number 1 - breakfast. This place had to be the best breakfast spot I've ever been too - the pictures speak for themselves - captive audience, clean hook set, awesome fish on and subsequent fight, kids each get a turn, and just as I was going to try and land the big one, the tippet breaks. The barb was pinched down so I figure the fly (pitiful attempt at a bread fly - but ravenously taken) will fall off quickly. I haven't landed one yet, but at this rate, I should be able to cross "carp" off the list of summer targets very shortly. We're eating breakfast at this spot again (and I'll bring a net and stronger tippet next time)!!!

No comments: