Friday, August 16, 2013

Late Afternoon Catching

I asked the kiddoroosters if they wanted to go fishing this afternoon and they said 'no daddy - we want to play with Legos and stay clean'. So with that, I walked down to the pond/lake and cast two flies. The first was a Killer Bug in blue yarn (from www.tenkarabum.com) and the second was another tiny blue yarn spec (blue yarn superglued on to a minuscule tanago hook). I caught a few before the Sun went down - I actually caught a few more but setting the hook caused a few of those other fish I hooked to get airborne. Once in the air, the unweighting also served to unhook those little fish and with a small splash - off they swam. Glassy evening out on the lake(pond) and you could not pay for better weather than what we got today!

No comments: