Sunday, August 25, 2013

Second Beach on Saturday and the Dead Dolphins *Graphic Content Warning*

Since I didn't catch any fish at the first beach, I felt like I had to try again. We hit this beach to the West of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel where we had fun catching those baby pompano and croaker earlier this month. The wind got to this place too - I couldn't see any fish in the water. But we did see a bunch of dead stuff washed up on the shore - two dead dolphins topped the list. 20+ horseshoe crabs, 2 decorator crabs, and one big redfish head. Despite the ominous appearance, we took it all in as part of the cycle of life (although oddly enough there was a report on NPR that discussed there being 170 reported dead dolphins found throughout the Chesapeake Bay this year - higher than normal). Oh - I didn't break out the rod/reel - I bumped into a guy fishing and asked if he had any luck - not a bite. I saved myself the second skunk session and enjoyed the family walk.

No comments: