Monday, August 5, 2013

Upcoming Weekend Projects

Here's the Mast Track Box that is going to go into the Hooked SUP. Alex Aguera was nice enough to build up the high Density PVC foam insert around a mast track for me so I wouldn't mess it up. Now I just need to make a router template, a foam deck pad template and find some time to do the work. Of all the things I need to do, cutting a hole into a perfectly good board so I can make a lot of fiberglass dust is going to be one of those that I will easily find an excuse not to do. But it needs to get done so I can sail the big board and then start to troll while sailing. The plastic fittings and rivets are for modifying the igloo cooler I recently got so I can drop my paddle into a secure place to keep it from getting knocked overboard while I am fighting a fish. I cut a 2' section of PVC pipe in roughly half this past weekend, now I just need to drill holes (only two) into a perfectly good cooler to mount the pipe that will function as a cradle. The fittings will hold bungees in place to make sure the paddle doesn't go anywhere while in the cradle. I need to take a dremel to round out the corners so I don't get cut up while messing around the mounted pipe. This second project will take way less time than the first. Guess which one will get done first?

No comments: