Monday, September 30, 2013

Sunday Morning in Annapolis

For the semi-annual East of Maui Windsurfing Swap Meet. Not as many people coming out this time - and it didn't seem like much equipment was moving around. The Bisgards came up to check out the equipment. Dan Stoddard also came over to check out the deals on SUPs. Trevor Mathis came to round out the Dive Side (minimum four to splash). And after a bunch of socializing, we left early to check out the waterfront. Lots of cool stickers and nautical fare... but the best part was eating lunch at the "Boatyard"! I really wanted to eat the half rack of baby back ribs and crab macaroni and cheese... but instead I opted for a salad. I had a pseudo physical on Friday and the doctor basically said I'm fat, I eat like crap and I don't exercise enough. Maybe the Navy should hire more people to balance out the workload so I can exercise more, get rid of my stress and not be fat. And while they are at it, the government should learn to set better goals for itself (like not letting sequestration happen, and working together to put a budget out) so the workforce doesn't get stressed... I'm just saying... Anyways back on topic - Sunday was a nice day getting together with friends, even if we didn't sell anything this time!

2 comments:

Eric Hahn said...

-looks like a good time. I've been looking for a WindSUP crossover with some different size rigs at a reasonable price. -seen any there?

Victor Velasco said...

Eric - There are good deals, but shipping would turn them into "not" so good deals.

Google "house" windsurfing - they usually put up so good deals.

Or - if you know anyone PCSing to your location from this area, that would be a good option too.