Sunday, October 13, 2013

Last Post from the Annapolis Boat Show - Inflatable Boat

Okay - I couldn't break away from the keyboard - here is the last post for today. This is the Tiwal - an inflatable 10' boat with a 400 pound capacity. The boat comes in two bags that can fit in the back of a pickup truck (or even a car trunk). The valves and construction look a lot like the inflatable standup paddleboards (the Naish boards to be exact) - but the thing that looks to make it work is the aluminum frame that holds the daggerboard, the mast and the rudder. If I had sold the Weta, I might have left with this boat... I'll wait for some reviews to come out on the performance (free wisdom - don't throw your money into volunteering to be a beta prototype tester - you are supposed to get paid for that kind of work), but if I had to guess, this is going to be a tremendously fun boat! Maybe replace the aluminum tubing with carbon fiber tubes, and move to the same fiber reinforced sailcloth that the Weta uses - then I'll throw some cash at this. Google Tiwal to see pictures of the boat sailing fast and kids having fun on it.

No comments: