Monday, November 11, 2013

Weta Hull #200 Reannointed with Saltwater

A large part of our amphibious assault this weekend was towing our Weta Trimaran down to Virginia Beach. It's been over two years since I've had this boat out - being stationed overseas and getting used to living in Northern Virginia (i.e., transitioning from flyfishing in saltwater to catching the local piscine denizens) has had it's toll on my watertime on the "HOOYAH!!!!". I was on three runs - the first with Dave Hallam up front, the second with Charlie Bisgard and La onboard and the last with Dave on the helm. The wind was hovering between 10 to 15 mph, which made for a really good first time back on the water - not too much power, but more than enough to generate a steady stream of stoke. Dave was the owner of hull #287, but he sold it prior to his recent move - I've never been crew on my own boat until this last run. I forgot to bring my small hand held GPS so I didn't get max and average speed like I normally do, but despite the short period waves and the chop on the water, the boat held up well and we all had a great time - even Marlon and Noe who ended up not having to go out (the water coming over the bow during a nose dive between wave peaks was cooler than they prefer - although that didn't stop them from playing in the shallows).

No comments: