Thursday, February 6, 2014

Bluegill Come Hither - The Scott F2 6533 Test Drive

I took the Scott F2 6533 out to Four Mile Run to see how it casts. I lined it up with a RIO Gold WF3F. Balanced nicely with an Abel Creek 1. This is a really fun rod to cast. I am now going to have to cast it with the RIO Perception to see if it "brightens" up as much as the Barclay Glass did with that line. If you asked me today, I'd have to say the Barclay is a touch more fun/responsive/accurate caster - but there are tons of variables that have to be isolated and tested to see which rod rises to the top. In the end, it really is just subjective - what feels right at the moment. And it's ALL GOOD - I have definitely reached the stage in fishing where it isn't the size of the fish you catch, it's the fishing. The bluegill obviously liked it! I ended up catching about ten of these guys - no bass, no green sunfish, no pumpkinseeds - just bluegill. Pretty cool day when you get to cast a really nice rod to willing tug of war contestants! To summarize: Scott F2 6533 = great fun; Bluegill = tremendous fun on Scott F2 6533; me = big smile (especially during the middle of winter - first time I had ice on my guides; did I mention I hate winter).

No comments: