Sunday, February 2, 2014

Navy Museum Posts - a Bunch of them inbound

I took the day off on Friday and besides running errands, I took the family to the Navy Museum on the Navy Yard complex. We saw a tons of cool things - old logos, models of ships and artifacts - that I'll post up here for more people to enjoy. First up - the Trieste. One of only a few man made objects to hit the deepest spot on the surface of the Earth. James Cameron recently completed the task in his personal submarine, but prior to that, it had been quite some time since the feat had been accomplished. If I had as much money as James Cameron does, I'd probably build a personal submarine to explore the ocean depths as well. And a large submarine tender to take care of the sub. And a few skiffs to fish off of. Oh and a seaplane to chase good uncrowded surf.

No comments: