Thursday, April 24, 2014

Epic 480 Rod Build - Handle and Reel Seat

I started building the Epic 480 Rod Kit that I purchased just a bit ago. Got the handle and reel seat epoxied on last night. This evening I started trying to develop a technique for making thread wraps. If I had a third hand to put a finger on the thread crossover (first turn), this would be easy. Unfortunately I wasn't born with a third hand so I will have to resort to practice. Wrapping the threads has the same allure as mowing foam - mind numbingly calm, yet critical. I think with a higher workspace, better lighting and getting a better feel for how the wraps should work, this could become addictive (although tying flies is way more affordable - and just how many rods does one need.... who am I kidding...)

No comments: