Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Saturday at Little Creek Beach

We made a day trip down to Virginia Beach this past Saturday. We brought the ULI but the report called for cold water and low surf, so we opted to go to Little Creek Beach instead of Dam Neck. Noe and Marlon found the first sand crabs of the year! We didn't get a picture of it, but Marlon found a huge one full of eggs. The kids dug a huge foxhole - you never know when the enemy will come across the beach... I got a bit of fishing in and even though I did not catch a 'fish', I did manage to catch some species of colonial algae. Charlie and Amy B got a new SUP - a Fanatic AirSUP Inflatable. Removable center fin and a lot lighter than the ULI (but the FAQ I have was built like a tank). The board paddles well - next time I'll get to surf it ;) I bet next time we visit, the pompano and mullet will be hugging the shoreline.

No comments: