Thursday, June 5, 2014

Goodbye Old Friend

Here is the ULI Fat Ass Quad all boxed up and ready to ship to Guam. We decided to sell it to La's sister since her kids loved paddling around on the SUPs when they were here a couple of years ago, and they can use it while out in Guam this summer. All in all this board will have seen action in Diego Garcia, Hawaii, Virginia Beach and ponds/lakes/Potomac River here in the DC area. I have relished the ability to take this board anywhere (packs in a suitcase to fly) and not have to worry about dings or fin breaks riding right up to the beach. The performance has been good - but with this board I actually learned I really like trifin configured boards (to be able to turn harder). Once we get settled in our new home (I have to find a job first...) I will order a new ULI (eyeing the Limited Edition Lopez 9'0") so all is not lost. Goodbye old friend - take care of your new owners!!!

No comments: