Friday, September 19, 2014

Surf Report 9/18/2014

We went surfing again hoping to pick up some of the leftovers from Edouard. The wind was onshore, the surface choppy and the surf was bigger. We went a high tide so the kids wouldn't be wrecked for the rest of the day (we're home schooling this year - easier while we are in the trailer, and better for the kids). So what happens when you talk smack about a hurricane swell from the previous day??? You get SPANKED! I got SPANKED! Edouard did have some power after all. But the waves were harder to ride because of the chop (or that's my story and I'm sticking to it). I spent the majority of the time doing this... takeoff, beef the bottom turn or pearl the nose, do an epic front flip and blow bubbles. Good thing I don't have an ego that is fragile or needy... I did catch a few good ones (emphasis on "few") The kids and La had more sense and played on the inside. Despite the spanking - a great day!

No comments: