Friday, December 12, 2014

Some of Our Favorite Haunts and One New One

Super Buzzy fabric shop - tons of Japanese fabrics, notions and curios. I found a really great fitting pair of scissors - should make my fly tying more efficient (I'll post more on this once I start tying again). La got tons of fabric (for Christmas presents) - we could have stayed here for a long while. Patagonia Ventura - I've actually been going to this shop on and off for the better part of 20 years now (ever since I graduated college and went to training in Port Hueneme). Still a great place to check out - most of the gear in the online shop is here so you can find your size - I found out I was a Medium Short in the Skeena waders and a Medium in the Guidewater pants (really nice gear). They had a cool coffee table this time around. Their surf shop is in a separate building (we'll stop into that later today). Inaba Sushi - we used to eat here a bunch. We had dinner with some old friends here and it was just as good as we remembered it. And one new place - Poseidon Brewery. Awesome beer and really cool atmosphere. The proprietor is one of my Chiefs from UCT TWO - Best of Luck Ollie (but with beer as good as yours, you don't need luck).

No comments: